NDA 2020 Exam Dates has been released. It will be conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). UPSC NDA entrance exam is a gateway for the aspirants who want to make their career in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. This national level test is held twice (NDA I and NDA II) every year in the months of April and November. Candidates have to first qualify the written test with the minimum qualifying marks and then appear for the SSB Interview round to get entry into NDA. After clearing the SSB round, qualified candidates will go through the medical examination and document verification process. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding NDA 2020.
- The filling and submission of the application form can only be done in online mode.
- Candidates having problem with the online application submission can contact the facilitation counter.
- In case the candidates submit multiple applications, he must make sure the application submitted later is complete in all respect as the application with highest RID will only be considered.
- Discrepancy in the admit card can make it invalid and therefore must be corrected by communicating the Commission.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of Commission will be offered traveling allowance.
Check below all the official dates for various events of NDA I 2020 & NDA II 2020:
|NDA I||NDA II|
|NDA 2020 Notification||8th January 2020||10th June 2020|
|Release of Application Form||8th January 2020||10th June 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||28th January 2020||30th June 2020|
|Release of Admit card||Few days before the entrance exam||Few days before the entrance exam|
|NDA 2020 Exam||19th April 2020||6th September 2020|
|Announcement of Results||In the month of May 2020||In the month of November 2020|
- Candidates who wish to apply for NDA 2020 NDA NA exam are advised to check the eligibility criteria for the same.
- The admission to any stage of the selection is provisional until the document verification round. Check the eligibility criteria for NDA 2020 below (as per the previous year).
- To apply for Army Wing of National Defence Academy candidate must have passed 10+2 pattern os school education or its equivalent exam.
- To apply for Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy candidate must have passed 12th standard with the 10+2 pattern of school education or its equivalent examination.
Age Limit, Marital Status, and Sex Only those candidates are eligible to apply who are born before July 02, 2020 and later July 01, 2003. Also, only male candidates who are not married are eligible to apply.
Physical standard for NDA 2020
Candidate must be physically fit as per the Physical standard by the UPSC Commission.
Apply Here: Candidates can apply for NDA Application Form 2020 as per schedule at upsconline.nic.in.
Application form for NDA NA 2020 examination will be made available at the UPSC official website, upsconline.gov.in. Follow the steps mentioned below to fill the application form online.
- Step 1: Go to the UPSC website, upsconilne.gov.in.
- Step 2: Click on the link ‘Online Application for various exams’.
- Step 3: You will be asked some details to fill the NDA application form like personal details, educational qualification.
- Step 4: Once done with details, you have to pay the application fee and upload your scanned image of the signature and photograph
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit your application form.
- Step 6: Take a print out of the application form for future reference.
Candidate can pay the application fee online as well as offline using SBI. to pay the fee online candidate can use credit card/debit card/master card/VISA/Rupay/net banking of SBI. for offline mode of payment candidate has to present the print in slip of the paid application fee. Check the application for various categories below.
|General Candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|SC/ST/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/OR||Candidates belonging to these category does not have to pay the application fee.|
Here are the image specifications as per the UPSC. Candidates have to upload their documents as per the specification or else the documents will be able to upload.
|Size||20KB – 300 KB|
The examination will be conducted for general Ability Test and Mathematics. Check the syllabus for NDA 2020 below in detail.
General Ability Test
- English and General knowledge.
- Section of English will have questions based on vocabulary, grammar, questions to test the comprehension power of the candidate.
- Section of general knowledge will consist – Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Current Events, Geography.
- Algebra, differential calculus, matrics, and determinants, trigonometry, analytical geometry of two and three dimensions, vector algebra, integral calculus and differential calculus, probability and statistics.
Check below the overview of NDA 2020 exam pattern:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of test: Hindi and English both (except for English specific section)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer one-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
|Mathematics||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General Ability Test*||600||2 hours 30 minutes|
|SSB Test/ Interview||900||———-|
General Ability Test will comprise of two sections: English section carrying 200 marks and General Knowledge section carrying 400 marks.
Candidates can download the admit card for NDA 2020 online from the UPSC website. To download the admit card candidate will require registration ID and date of birth or date of birth and roll number or date of birth, father’s name and name of the applicant. Admit card will be made available to the candidate 3 weeks before the commencement of the examination. If in any case, you didn’t receive the 1 week prior to the exam, it is your duty to contact the Commission for the issuance of admit card. Details which will be present on the admit card are
- Examination’s Name and year.
- Registration ID of the candidate.
- Candidate’s roll number.
- Applicant’s name.
- Applicant’s address.
- Examination center and complete address of the exam.
- Examination’s date and time.
- Here is the list of examination cities that a candidate will be provided with to take the examination.
Agartala Ahmedabad Aizawl Allahabad Bengaluru Bareilly Bhopal Chandigarh Chennai Cuttack Dehradun Delhi Dharwad Dispur Gangtok Hyderabad Imphal Itanagar Jaipur Jammu Jorhat Kochi Kohima Kolkata Lucknow Madurai Mumbai Nagpur Panaji (Goa) Patna Port Blair Raipur Ranchi Sambalpur Shillong Shimla Srinagar Thiruvananthapuram Thiruvananthapuram Tirupati Udaipur Vishakhapatnam
- The result of the NDA written exam will be published on the UPSC website.
- Applicants who score more than the required qualifying marks will be shortlisted for the interview process.
- Qualified candidates are required to register themselves online on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting.
- A list of such candidates will be prepared and they have to appear in front of SSB for the interview (Intelligence and Personality Test).
- Candidates reporting for interview must carry their documents in original for verification.
- Pilot test will be conducted for the candidates selected for the Air Force. Failing in the test will make the candidates ineligible for selection.
- Two-stage selection procedure is done based on
- Psychological Aptitude Test
- Intelligence Test
These two stages are done at the Selection Centres/Naval Selection Boards/Air Force Selection Boards. Candidates have to take stage on examination on the first day of the reporting at selection centre/naval selection board/ Air force selection board. Only those candidates who qualify the stage one will be called for stage two. Also, candidates have to submit their original documents along with the photocopies of the educational qualification documents.
- The overall and sectional cut off marks will be published by the board after the declaration of results.
- Candidates must qualify the written test in order to become eligible for further admission process.
- According to the previous trends, it is expected that the cut off for written test will be 342 and the final overall cut off will be 708.
The Registration process of NDA I 2020 will start from 8th January 2020 and NDA II 2020 from 10th June 2020.
Candidates have to appear and qualify the written test and SSB Interview rounds to get admission into NDA.
The Application fee of NDA 2020 is Rs.100. ST/SC/NCOs/Ors/Sons of JCOs candidates are exempted to pay the application fee.
Yes, the applying candidate’s age must be between 16.5 – 19.5 years. He must have been born between July 2, 2001 – July 1, 2004 for NDA I and for NDA II between 2nd January 2002 – 1st January 2004.
The result of NDA I 2020 will be released in the month of May 2020 and for NDA II in the month of November 2020.
The entrance exam of NDA I 2020 will be conducted on 19th April 2020 and NDA II 2020 on 9th September 2020.