Aspiring for VITEEE 2020? Get all details like VITEEE 2020 application form availability, eligibility, new exam pattern, dates, admit card, result, and counselling.
Vellore Institute of Technology conducts VITEEE for the intake of the candidates’ aspiring admission in BTech programs. VIT has its campus in the various cities of the country namely Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati (AP) and Bhopal (MP) as well. VITEEE 2020 application form has been released on September 27, 2019, in online as well as offline mode. Interested candidates should check eligibility criteria first and fill the application form. The exam pattern of VITEEE 2020 has some changes, which can be seen on this page below. The exam will take place in online and offline mode and expected to be conducted in the second to the third week of April 2020.
|VITEEE 2020 online/offline application forms||September 27, 2019|
|Last date to submit/send VITEEE 2020 application forms||February 29, 2020|
|Last date to edit VITEEE 2020 application form||February 29, 2020|
|Commencement of VITEEE 2020 slot booking||Second week of March, 2020|
|Availability of VITEEE 2020 admit cards||First week of April, 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 exam||Second to third week of April, 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 results||April 30, 2020|
|VITEEE 2020 Counselling||Second to third week of May, 2020|
|Classes at different campuses of VIT||Second week of July, 2020|
Candidates should meet the eligibility criteria to submit the application form. The concerned authority of VIT will not entertain the applications of non-eligible candidates. A candidate has to fulfill the criteria such as Nationality, Age limit, Qualifying examination, etc. Check the VITEEE 2020 eligibility criteria below.
Nationality: The candidate should be a Resident /Non-Resident Indian National / PIO Holder.
Age Limit: Candidates who are born on or after July 1, 1998, can apply for VITEEE 2020
Qualifying Examination: An applicant should have either completed or appearing in the following qualifying examination. Remember candidates who have completed their studies in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are only eligible to apply.
- Class 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Class 12th or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- ‘NIOS’ board candidates can also apply for VITEEE provided that they should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible to appear for VITEEE.
Percentage Criteria: Candidates should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in Class 12/Intermediate (50% for the candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
Subject Criteria: A candidate should have studied a certain set of subjects in the qualifying examination to apply for the BTech Programs available.Studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics for all the BTech programs.
Studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for BTech Bio-stream Degree programs, which are B. Tech. Bio-engineering, Biotechnology, CSE with specialization in Bioinformatics, ECE with specialization in Biomedical Engineering programs but after joining Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
VIT has changed the exam pattern of VITEEE 2020 from last year. An Aptitude section has been added which will have 10 questions carrying 10 marks. Besides, the number of questions in the Physics, and Chemistry section has been reduced by five questions and now there will be thirty 35 questions each. VITEEE will be an online test or Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates will get 2 hours 30 minutes to solve the questions and there is no negative marking.
Syllabus of VITEEE 2020 is based on the syllabus of class 11 and 12. The candidates have to prepare as per the syllabus only as no questions are asked apart from the topics in the syllabus. The candidates can check the syllabus for VITEEE 2020 from the list below:
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Human health and diseases
- Biodiversity, ecology and environment
- Genetics and evolution
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Short passages (30 -50 words) or lines of poems (2 -3) or dialogue (2 exchanges)
- English Grammar and Pronunciation
- Choose the CORRECT/ BEST answer from the options
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Number series, Coding and Decoding
- Clocks, Calendars and Directions
The admit card will be issued to a candidate after booking a schedule through the Online Test Booking System. Candidates who will not book the slot for VITEEE 2020 before the last date, their slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot. Candidates will be able to download the VITEEE 2020 admit card from the official website. Apart from this, the authority of VIT will also share a copy of the e-Admit card on the registered email address. VITEEE e-Admit card will not be sent to candidates via post or fax. Further, check the steps to download the admit card below.
- Visit the official website.
- Then find the link to download the admit card and click on it.
- After that, fill the required details such as application form number and Online Test Booking password.
- VITEEE admit card will display on the screen in PDF format.
- Check the details available on the admit card very carefully.
- Download it and take the printout of it for future references.
After completion of the examination, VIT will prepare a merit list based on total marks secured in VITEEE 2020. No candidate will receive the information about VITEEE 2020 result by post. The concerned authority will share the rank through SMS at the time of publication of the result. The photocopies of the answer sheets will not be made available and there is no provision for re-ranking and re-totaling.
- The successful candidate will get the call for appearing in the counselling. The counselling process involves Registration, Documents verification, Seat allotment, Student profile and uploading image, fee payment, and Hostel fee payment. The documents required for the VIT counselling are
- VITEEE-2020 e-Admit Card copy
- VITEEE Counselling Admit card copy
- VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other age proof Certificate.
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination (If available)/ XII Hall ticket (For candidates awaiting results).
- DEMAND DRAFT drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore.
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu, Kashmir Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura) for relaxation in eligibility
- Caste category certificates (if applicable)
Note: Fees paid at the counselling includes INR 10,000 towards counselling fee is Non-refundable. Candidates without the fee will not be allowed to take part in this counselling.
If any candidate forgot his/her Application Number then they can recover the same by clicking on the “Find Application Number button on the official site of BITS.
After downloading the BITSAT Admit Card candidates must take a printout of it to get a hard copy of the same.
Do I need to bring the hard copy of the BITSAT Admit Card to the examination center or soft copy for the same will work?
Candidates must go to the BITSAT Examination Center along with a hard copy of their Admit Card as they will have to produce it to the invigilator before entering the examination hall.
Candidates must report to the BITSAT examination center 2 hours prior to the timings of the examination.
BITSAT is a Computer Based Test. There will be total 150 questions which candidates will have to answer in 180 minutes. For every correct answer candidates will get 3 marks and for every wrong answer candidates will loose 1 mark.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science conducts BITSAT every year.
Candidates must have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent to appear for the BITSAT examination.
Candidates must prepare for BITSAT examination from 11th and 12th std. books and follow the syllabus for the same.
Candidates can check the Cutoff for BITSAT examination after the announcement of Result for the same.
BITSAT Examination will be conducted in online mode.
Candidates can apply for BITSAT examination from the official site of Birla Institute of Technology and Science.